Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What Color is That Center Stripe Again?

Even by NRA standards, this is a bad idea -- not just divisive but downright dangerous. Does the gun lobby really want to remake America in the image of Iraq? The proposal was apparently motivated by the lawlessness in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, but if there aren't enough cops to patrol the streets, then hire more cops. When individual citizens, even "law-abiding" ones, decide to go it alone, the result is anarchy.
As The Pistolero told me when he sent me this link: "I thought I had seen it all, until I saw this."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like this nutjob is actually happy tha we're moving towards the Neu Vorldt Order!

And that idiot mayor, raising her nose at the NRA, upholding the Constitution? Why, that woman crossed an abalone with a crocodile to get an abadile, but she wound up with a crockabaloney!

But then this is the WaPo, king of the Communiat newspapers!

Anonymous said...

G*d forbid that American men and women show they have the guts to do the right thing in an emergency, all protestations of "anarchy" aside. Why, if that happened, where would it end, self government? I love the Washington Post. I often point it out to my family as an example of Communist Ideology.

Anonymous said...

What do you expect from a columnist who, even as a child, was too darn stupid to realize that his grandfather was playing the film backwards.

If it took him a while to figure that out, no wonder he comes up with such idiocy on his own.