Friday, July 21, 2006

"Cop Killer"

Three men have been charged with illegally possessing two handguns, one of which is called a cop killer because it can break through most bulletproof vests and plates worn by police officers...
Oh, OK, that's why they call it that.

It's not like it's actually gone out and killed cops or anything.

I didn't realize I owned cop killer rifles, because they'll all do that, too. Go through vests and plates, that is.

Later on today, I think I'll take my cop crushing van down to the store. I need to buy some cop poisoning household cleaning products.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found an interesting article by Dave Kopel on the origin of the term "cop-killer".

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel200403010926.asp

Anonymous said...

425 of 616 officers were killed with the 5-7?????

what hole did they pull that number out of?

Anonymous said...

"Of the 616 police officers killed nationwide between 1994 and 2003, 425 were shot with FN 5.7s, Brown said."

From 1994 to 2003?

From Wikipedia:
"Five-seveN IOM (Individual Officer's Model) (Single Action — SA): the first version publically available, the IOM debuted commercially in 2004."

How could it be used to kill anybody in the 9 years before it was introduced?