Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Gun Team

A hand-picked team of detectives, plainclothes and uniformed officers has been selected to prowl the most crime-ridden Yonkers streets and take guns away from criminals, Police Commissioner Robert Taggart said.
I can imagine the comic book cover.

I can hear the theme music.

I can visualize the trailer.

The commissioner said the members of the gun team are counting on neighborhood residents to help them with intelligence on where they might find guns and who has them.
I can see the little flags waving as the occupying troops march down the Champs d'Elysées...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer! Remember Folks, er, Volks, eh, hey you! It was Goebbels that coined the phrase, Politically Incorrect. People in the local neighborhoods were very upset about folks being plucked from their beds at night and disappearing. The Sprechmeister told them that their neighbors were being detained by the Reich for being "Politically Incorrect."

Fletch said...

They actually used the word "prowl"???

If I spot some plainclothes folks congregating in or wandering around my neighborhood with guns on or in their waistbands (you can always tell), 911 will be called, and a gun will be in my hand.

Hopefully my 911 call won't be answered with, "Oh don't worry, that's just the sekret police..."