Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When a President Betrays His Country

Recent papers released from the Clinton Presidential Library reveal a well-orchestrated and clearly defined roadmap to impose severe restrictions on firearm owners, manufacturers, and dealers. Perhaps the most sinister is the deliberate attempt to financially cripple firearm manufacturers and dealers via class action lawsuits.
Jennifer Freeman weighs in on the Clinton plot to disarm Americans.

Now might be a good time to ask: If the next democrat presidential candidate is Hillary Clinton, will you hold your nose and vote for John McCain or Rudolph Giuiliani?

As I've said before, I'm just trying to determine the "pragmatists'" tolerance threshold for tyranny, and where their line in the sand is.

6 comments:

nicolas said...

If I "hold your nose and vote for John McCain or Rudolph Giuiliani", I'd just be encouraging the Repubs to give me another candidate like that next time.

I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

Anonymous said...

It ain't my nose I'm holding. Giuiliani and McCain can go suck an egg. Like a guy said over at KABA today, cache, cache, train, train. About Clinton? As if. Lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut. Ever see Starship Troopers 2? Clinton and his Whore remind me of that. Insides all eaten up by insects, gestating till it's Time. Just remember libtards, when I start playing, there aren't any rules, just dead people and winners.

E. David Quammen said...

How about 'None of the above'?

Ken said...

Is there room for a "road to Damascus" conversion experience, or is it a case of "once shamed may never be recovered?"

(Actually, if it's the latter, you might want to drum me out too...I've always been interested in guns but never paid much attention to the Second Amendment or gun control in my yoot.)

There's a small possibility Giuliani will change his spots, particularly if that's what he needs to do to get elected, and pro-gun people making noise early and often increase the odds of it happening, and of course his feet must be held to the fire after the election. How much it increases the odds is another question, and whether it's good enough, I leave to the individual to decide. If he doesn't...well.

McCain's an entirely lost cause, and McCain vs. any of the Democrats in 2008 is truly the nightmare scenario.

David Codrea said...

Actually, Oldsmoblogger, McCain's position is much less radically anti-gun than Giuliani's, plus I just read where former NRA-ILA director James Jay Baker has come on board to Team McCain, so expect a rehabilitation/peace overture, followed by a "Fear Hillary" campaign.

Ken said...

Crud. Figures.

The NRA free agent signing leaves me cold, for reasons you yourself have done a fine job outlining, David.

If what you say about McCain and Giuliani are true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then we're in for a rough ride. I'd ask how Newt Gingrich stands on the Second, but I suspect it's a moot point--his negatives are likely to eat him alive on the stump.