Friday, October 06, 2006

GUNS Magazine, October 1956


  • Hunter safety is paramount in "Will You Kill a Man This Fall?"
  • They said it couldn't be done, but the self-taught young man didn't know that. Learn about "The Impossible Shotgun of Carbine Williams" (including fascinating biographical information on a legend who almost spent his life in prison for the death of a deputy who raided his still).
  • Enjoy classic ads of the period.
  • And there's much more...
The October 1956 issue of GUNS Magazine is now online.

4 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

Thank you, yet again! Have the full collection, and await each upcoming one with anticipation.

Anonymous said...

I echo the Thanks! Great info in those magazines. How far back do they go?

Anonymous said...

The magazine started in 1955. I've posted for every issue. Some of the old links are no longer working though--they keep them up for a couple months and then bump it with the new posts--so download them while you can, otherwise, if you've missed any, they are available on the mag's website on a CD.

Anonymous said...

Good deal. Looks like I have 'em all (back to 1-55). Again, thanks for the heads up on them. I know I can get them via CD but I'm cheap. I can also get a brick of .22 LR for the same cost. ::grinz:: Priorities, mind you. But I am seriously considering dropping my G&A subscription for Guns Magazine. There can be only one (on my budget) and GM looked nicely done.