Thursday, December 14, 2006

We're the Only Ones Shooting First Enough

San Bernardino County Supervisor Josie Gonzales closed a spontaneous address to hundreds of county staffers Wednesday with an unexpected and somewhat shocking message to county public safety employees.

"Shoot first and ask questions later," she said. "I'll take care of the lawsuits."

...her final remarks drew applause and cheers from the audience...
Public safety employees should shoot the public that employs them to ensure public safety. How very circular. And that "drew applause and cheers."

Oh, wait. She was only joking.

Whew!

Ha ha. Good one. (But if it was a joke, how come the audience applauded and cheered, instead of laughed?)

Maybe we can address our co-workers and joke about shooting our employers, too. I'll bet our bosses would appreciate the humor as much as our applauding and cheering (but not laughing) fellow employees. I'll bet they'd also appreciate being treated like subjects, and even enemies.

Who wants to try it and report back on how it went?

[More from "The Only Ones" files...]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I actually read the article, I got the impression that she was telling employees that it's o.k. to defend oneself if attacked. Of course, the first thing that jumped in my mind was "Cops, kill anyone you want!"

me said...

yeah, just a joke. I'd like to see her try that kind of stuff at the airport. Some fed goon skull crushing is in order here. Zero tolerance.