Thursday, January 11, 2007

Maybe It's Just an Oversight?

THE ban on the carrying of licensed firearms in public places will start this Sunday.

PNP Chief Oscar Calderon reminded the public that the PNP will suspend all the gun carrying privileges when the nationwide 150-day gun ban takes effect on January 14, the start of the election period for the May 14 national and local elections.
That's strange. I didn't see a statement from a spokesman for the violent criminals pledging compliance with the moratorium.

1 comment:

E. David Quammen said...

There's that use of arbitrary rule again. Though, if I were a politician, (God forbid). I know I wouldn't want any of my subjects, er I mean constituents, carrying guns. Especially, when I'm the dirty encumbant out hamming it up and kissing tail to get votes.