Sunday, January 07, 2007

Wayne Fincher Update: January 7

Email from Wayne's Daughter (via Joe & Barb McCutcheon):
We went [to see] dad this morning. He is weak but feeling better. They took him to the hospital last night. He is back in jail this morning. He is in good spirits. Mr. Stilley was there to see him also. The inmates are helping him out by giving him extra food. He has lost about 40 pounds. He says not to worry about him. He is ready to go to trial. I will be sending a letter that an inmate wrote as soon as I get it typed up. Thanks to everyone for all the help and prayers that you have giving us and dad. We been putting signs up everywhere but someone or somebody is taking them down. We are going to put up more. Also the court day is for Tuesday Jan.9th. Everything has been crazy around here this week sorry it has taking me so long to get news to everyone. Thanks. Connie Fields

Testimonial from an Inmate (via Connie Fields):
Mr. Hollis Wayne Fincher,

I've spent a lot of times in hospital,jails,and multiple prisons around the United States. A career criminal if you would. I've never met a Greater and most Wonderful man in my life- my own father included. Mr. Fincher has had a profound effect in my life. He has taught me about God & Country. I feel like this man has been treated so unjust by this goverment. The very thing Mr. Fincher loves most. Never has a man in my life either on T.V.,Radio, Teacher, College Professor, Preacher or other ever had such a profround effect in my life. I will always cherish his friendship in my heart. I pray that someday we are able to meet on different grounds under much freer circumstances. I know that God has His hand on your sir. The men in BB Pod (BAD BOYS POD),are all in agreement that you are the best man in the Pod. With the Utmost respect we thank you for your presence. A real blessing from God.

Respectfully,

An inmate in Sebastian County Jail

Fincher Letter Transcribed: This is the letter Wayne wrote to me--I posted it as an image file (courtesy of and gratitude to Hairy Hobbit)

[More from WarOnGuns]

2 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

The way you have stepped up to the plate for Wayne is commendable David. Good work, and may God bless you for it.

me said...

I really hope that he's OK. It also gives a little hope that the "bad boys" can even see that he's getting the shaft.

Been meaning to do this a while now. Finally got around to a very rough version of a "Free Wayne" ribbon

Heading to the art store for some of that cheap magnet paper to print a few up for the car.