Sunday, March 25, 2007

New WarOnGuns Poll: The Ratings Game

Over the past months we've been discussing Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown, who is revoking previously-issued CCW permits despite being endorsed and given an "A" rating by NRA-PVF.

I generally avoid two-question polls, but in this case, a pretty direct question is involved that doesn't require nuanced response choices. See the left margin and take the new poll.

Here are the results of last week's poll (click on image to enlarge). Those of you who pledged to get a copy of "In Search of the Second Amendment": what's keeping you? Here's a link to order it. Go. Those who have no intention of doing so, I don't get it, but sadly, I'm not surprised.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to have a copy and while I plan on buying a copy, kind Uncle Sugar just held me up for an extra $1500 so it may be a while.
:- /

E. David Quammen said...

The office of Sheriff is an elected position, yes? Recall the sorry tyrannical S.O.B.

Jeff said...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-briefs25.1mar25,1,3887304.story?coll=la-headlines-california

I thought you'd want to see this.

David Codrea said...

Saw it, jeffrey, thanks, or a version of it--see today's earlier post "Do as we Say, Not as we Do"

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda surprised that those who do not intend to buy a copy even had the cojones to participate!

I bought it, and it really is great! It has all the pro 2A arguments in one place

Anonymous said...

I just saw the title of your blog and thought it was kind of funny.

The War on Guns doesn't seem like much of a "war" if you have the guns and they don't.