Friday, March 02, 2007

Rights Watch: In Search of the Second Amendment

The historical evidence is conclusive. The Second Amendment was intended to express an individual right, and any alternate “collective rights” theories are modern fictions developed by those with an agenda to control guns. In the words of Sanford Levinson from the University of Texas, this “view was virtually unknown before the 1960s.”

"In Search of the Second Amendment," my Rights Watch column for the March 2007 issue of GUNS Magazine, is now online.

Also see: "In Search of the Second Amendment"--An Interview With David T. Hardy

and then make sure you buy a copy to share with others.

1 comment:

Del N. Quent said...

Jest bought my copy from JPFO ... extremely painless ... and no paypal.

If I like it (I hope I will), I'll git a few more to give as prizes fer our shooting league.

And I'll be trying to git as many folks as possible to actually watch it!

I may even attempt to have our gun-club offer it for sale ... which would also include three free range-passes ($15/ea).

Another strong possibility is that our gun-club may purchase copies to donate to various schools, libraries, fire dept's, police dept's, and hospitals. No, they may not git watched much ... but we've spent money on far less productive endeavors. And what's not to try?