Saturday, April 14, 2007

Christ Killa

Described as the ultimate arbitration between politics and Christianity, “Christ Killa” is a video game linked to video projectors and television monitors. A first person shooter in which the player shoots hordes of homicidal Jesus Christs, the game landscape is filled with Googled images of Christian propaganda posters, religious shrines such as St. Peter’s in Rome, and clichéd representations of Christ who constantly mumbles messages of tolerance and compassion.

Y'know what, Eric Medine? You're not daring or innovative at all. You're just a pussy, afraid to make a really bold artistic statement.

Jesus is an easy target. We've endured Chocolate Jesus, Piss Christ, Elephant Dung Mary, and all sorts of abominations you and yours feel compelled to inflict on our culture, to make up for what imagined grievance that turned you into hate-filled losers I don't know. You are fully aware that you do this safely, because you know Christians won't issue a fatwah. No one will set out to capture you and slit your throat on video.

What courage! What innovation! What inspiration!

Yawn.

Wanna impress us, Eric, you and your promoters at Niche.LA?

Put on "Muhammad Killa."

But you won't do that, will you, Eric?

Coward.

Update: I got this story from WorldNetDaily and pretty much reacted instantly. I didn't go over to Michelle Malkin's post until after I'd already done this. I see both pieces raise pretty much the same points, so I just wanted to get that out in the open...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the motivation to deliberately offend someone's faith.

I don't adhere to any particular formalized religion, but do enjoy learning what I can from their similarities and differences.

I enjoy discussion and debate. I don't see how "Christ Killa" fosters anything but discord and rancor.

Fits said...

Dirty-old-Mo-killah would mean one of two things for this dolt; he'd be on the run for the rest of his life or soon deceased. Poking fun of Christianity has been safe for, what time is it now, something like a couple hundred years. Now, if that guy or any guy replaced Christianity with Scientology, THAT would one fun response to gobble popcorn by. They take the easy way out then feel so brave, just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Christianity is such an easy target for this and other crowds because somewhere along the way Christians believed (quite wrongly)that they had to be pacificsts too.

E. David Quammen said...

Hat-tip to David. Good show. We all know that these screaming lie-berals will get theirs one day. Perhaps even sooner than we think. "God will not be mocked".

Sign of the times.....

Anonymous said...

My reaction to this is that we are closer to coming undone as a country, with the attendant bloodbaths that come with that, than at any time since 1861-1865. And maybe even nore so. You know, we have less in common with these people than the Virginia planters had with abolitionist New Hampshire lobstermen. In their case, they prayed to the same God, believed in the same Christian system of ethics, in common law and a republican system of government. As a friend of mine observed, "when I send my daughter down the street to visit a friend, not only do I not have any idea whether her father values the safety and chastitity of my daughter, I have no idea if he values the safety and chasitity of his own daughter." We are but one national disaster away from seeing the killing begin, so alien is one side's belief system to the other. Guys like this are making it easier for guys like me to not care whether guys like him live or die. Which ironically is more dangerous to him than it is to me and my friends. At least we have firearms and know how to use them.

Mike Vanderboegh

me said...

was just a matter of time.

100% correct Mike.

someone needs to make a game like grand theft or something like that...you just drive around running over peacies, eco-terrorists, mohammads, communists, and other enemies of America, great way to sell game systems to older folks.