Saturday, December 22, 2007

We're the Only Ones Not Under a Cloud Enough

While in uniform and on duty, three San Antonio police officers on separate occasions engaged in sexual acts with women, including offering payment to an 18-year-old for oral sex, according to affidavits for those officers' arrests...

So far this year, officers have been involved in a number of controversial incidents, including the alleged assault of an 18-year-old woman at a community pool and the alleged strip search of several men and women at a bar, leading to disciplinary measures taken against officers involved.
So naturally:

The chief said he'd talk to the commander about the community's growing perception of corruption and abuse.

"In no way do I feel there is a cloud hanging over the south substation," he said.
Of course not. Even "Only Ones" need a little loving now and then.

"Sexytime!"

[Via Tony G]

2 comments:

MadRocketScientist said...

So one must wonder, is the department hiring sexual predators, or are they creating an environment that encourages such behavior?

Anonymous said...

It might just be the bitter old cynic in me, but I detect a little truth applicable here in the comment by Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Now I don't know about these cops' level of intellect, but the part about power corrupting seems to be spot on. I see it every week in the stories on the news about cops using tasers on unarmed, unresisting, unoffending people, some of whom are already cuffed & stuffed. Instant punishment for "Contempt of Cop" disguised as "pain compliance for suspect control."

My rejection of the temptation of power is why I'm not a cop, even though I've been told that with my military service history I'd be an instant hire.