Sunday, January 06, 2008

Misery Loves Company?

In the past few months, a number of families whose children were killed or injured in the massacre have begun to come forward and speak out for gun law reform.
Look, I'm sorry your loved ones are dead. But Virgina Tech was a "No Guns" zone, and proposals to change that so the peaceable can defend themselves, were publicly ridiculed by their spokesman. And we saw how efficient the same law enforcement you demand disarm us was at preventing death there: 31 of the 33 fatalities occurred after the police had responded to the initial shooting report.

And it's not like we don't have yet more confirmation that GUNS DEPLOYED BY MORAL INDIVIDUALS SAVE LIVES!!!

Your grief is no claim on my rights. How dare you demand my rights, and my ability to protect my loved ones, be forfeited? How dare you demand those of us with the willingness and ability to emerge as victors be reduced to mere powerless mourners? How dare you demand, under armed force of law, that we suffer the rest of our lives trying to suppress and deny the horrible guilt of knowing we abdicated a sacred responsibility?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The families say they want to make sure guns are not allowed on college campuses.

If they can't keep guns out of maximum security prisons, how do these clueless moonbats expect to keep guns off campus? It would be a physical impossibility even if they built a wall around the place, forbid all motor vehicle traffic, and strip-searched everyone coming through the gate.

They didn't even do that to me when I worked in nuclear weapons security.

Clint said...

We will be facing some of these folks down in Richmond on 1/21/08. One of the major hurtles will be reform of the "death star chamber" that exists in the current House of Delegates here in VA. The VCDL can explain that element better than I. Please go to item #2 on this alert: http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=1894369&FILTER=

Anonymous said...

I suspect that those expressing sympathy for the families of lost loved ones are doing so more to keep from appearing heartless and being ignored because of it than any real concern for these people.

My suspicion could be the result of projection of my own feelings, but I doubt very much that others can be any more sympathetic than I. I have no sympathy for anyone, no matter how great their loss, when they demand that other families suffer the same loss due to the same inabilities of self defense for any future victims.

All my sympathies lie with the dead, except for Cho. They were betrayed by their own families when they were not taught self reliance, they were betrayed by their school which prohibited their having any chance of survival, and they were betrayed by a police department that hid until it was all over, and lastly they were betrayed by a fellow student.

However, it must be noted, that without all the prepratory betrayal and the concurrent betrayal it is likely that most of the victims would have survived.

So not only NO, but HELL NO!, I have no sympathy for the families that would force this betrayal of our children onto other families.

My sympathy lies with the dead in their death and more sadly for their lives which were so betrayed.