Friday, February 15, 2008

Campaign Finance Reform

Many of the superdelegates who could well decide the Democratic presidential nominee have already been plied with campaign contributions by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a new study shows.

"While it would be unseemly for the candidates to hand out thousands of dollars to primary voters, or to the delegates pledged to represent the will of those voters, elected officials serving as superdelegates have received about $890,000 from Obama and Clinton in the form of campaign contributions over the last three years," the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics reported today.
"Democracy" in action.

Meanwhile, McCain-Feingold helps stifle your voice.

Just so everybody's clear on how this works.

But it won't affect our votes. Honest.

3 comments:

Wesley Womack said...

Whenever McCain-Feingold passed I clearly remember thinking, "There's no way in hell I will ever vote for that man after this." Nothing has changed in the years since and McCain will never get my vote no matter who he is running against. I will not vote for someone who thinks I don't have rights.

me said...

too bad we don't have more like you Wesley. The American memory and backbone have rotted away.


Now...just how does one become a super delegate? I could use some cash....

chris horton said...

That Pink Floyd song "Money" won't stop playing in my head lately.

I'm also having flashbacks of sink-bongs...Whoa......