Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're the Only Ones Terrorizing You Enough

Teachers took cover under child-sized tables, crying and trembling.
I don't know how much clearer things can be made. Who but an unredeemable herd animal could go through an experience like this and conclude they must trust their safety to the authorities, and that people who don't share their cowardice must be disarmed?

I thought this was a follow-up to a story I'd already covered, but I was wrong.

Phillipsburg "Only Ones" aren't the only ones sadistic enough to pull an evil-minded stunt like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of "drill" you put into action when you discover the city has way too much money.

Now, you can award that money to the people that will be traumitized again when a student pops a balloon.

It's too bad that teachers did not band together and beat the crap out of the nut job with the gun.

I'm never in the right place!

Anonymous said...

I would have to rambo.

Anonymous said...

They're testing to see if any teachers are illegally carrying. It would be pretty tough on both cop and teacher if one was.

Anonymous said...

The drill tells me all I need to know. Just like the Drill Sargeant on the old movie "Spies Like Us" my notepad has the following comment about the response of the teachers: PU**IES!

Cowards make me sick.

Anonymous said...

There's a survey with the article.

Do you think the teachers should have been warned about the drill?

WTF? A better question would be, "Should such a hair-brained drill have been conducted in the first place?"