Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kill (the) Bill - Volume Three

I know some view it as a non-starter, just a political attention-getter, not worth expending effort to oppose lest we use up "political capital" that will be needed for future battles. My own preference is to play Whack-a-Mole as these things pop their heads up, shine the light, bang the pots and pans, and drive them scurrying back under the baseboards. It's my belief that the gun activist community can be sufficiently motivated --by the proper leadership-- to walk today and chew gum six months from now. It's also my belief that if they can't be, if the detachment and apathy is truly insurmountable, we're kidding ourselves about the Second Amendment anyway. [More]

I wrap up my Bobby Rush/H.R. 45 series in today's Gun Rights Examiner.

Tell a friend?

2 comments:

Cemetery's Gun Blob said...

***if the detachment and apathy is truly insurmountable, we're kidding ourselves about the Second Amendment anyway.***

This is the tough part, actually getting people to do anything. I've spoken with people about getting involved, and making calls and such, but dollars to donuts, it's always the same: *Join the NRA*. The biggest obstacle is getting over the apathetic answer of *Let the NRA handle it*.

Here in NJ, we got the Dem Majority Leader holding up the passage of the *One Gun a Month Bill*, I hear people bitch and moan about this Bill. I tell them to take 30secs like I did and call this guy to support him. Their attitude, *Let the NRA handle it*.

I dunno. It's like, if you can't take 30sec to 1min to make a call, you don't deserve your guns. The Anti's do, so why can't we?

Are we truly Doomed? I hope not.

Anonymous said...

Are those really and truly the only two alternatives?

I don't think so.