Friday, May 01, 2009

I KNEW I Forgot to Mention Something...

I had a nagging feeling after yesterday's "Faces of Death" post that I was leaving something out. It just hit me.

Using official crime scene photos for personal enjoyment is beyond reprehensible. Using them for personal gain may be criminal.

A few years back in one of my reports on "Crime Gun Solutions" (an anti-gun consulting firm run by ex-BATFU careerists), I wondered if this bizarre "welcome" photo from their website was a staged or an actual crime scene photo--and if the latter, who authorized their use of it in a for-profit venture.

2 comments:

Defender said...

My interpretation: Fake. Supposed to illustrate a suicide, but there's no visible blood. Maybe they didn't want to stain the sheets because they needed to wear them that night at the rally. But misuse of crime scene photos DOES happen. The ultimate disrespect for victim and family.
Well, the ULTIMATE disrespect is setting up the conditions so violence is easier to do to other disarmed innocents.

illinois Vote said...

Do they have a picture of Ted Kennedy's car and a bottle of scotch?