Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How Far Can You Go in Resisting Tyranny?

I received a link to a very interesting video a few days ago. It took me a little time to get around to watching it due to summer activities, but when I finally did, I was very glad I took the time. [More]
Kent McManigal links us to two videos. I started watching the first one and it looks real interesting. I'll need to find time over the next day to watch them both completely.

UPDATE: Saw the first one. Sorry, I don't view Bill Ayers as a freedom fighter.

4 comments:

Defender said...

Expertly done, a pop culture tour-de-force. Well worth watching. You'll nod. You'll cheer. You'll laugh, you'll clench your teeth, and you'll want to break something.
Your chains.

Sean said...

Once again, Kent succeeds in sending the most unclear message he can, mixing Jefferson and Wallace in with Ayers and the PLO. If you don't look quick, he equates Bush 2 with tyrants. While W was certainly stupid and inept, his "tyranny" was ineffectual as well. If Kent ever comes across as coherent, with a recognizable plan, I'll listen. And I have nothing in common with the PLO or Ayers. Or the arguably worst "entertainment" to ever come down the pike, Rap "music". Rubbish.

MamaLiberty said...

Any such identification needs to emphasize the power of shunning and disassociation. These are far more powerful tools than most people seem to realize.

Stop doing ANYTHING to support or encourage the tyrants, including any social interaction.

Might be surprised at the results.

Kent McManigal said...

The second video explains that some of revolutionaries shown were nasty people, but that revolution needs to remain "on the table" to scare the tyrants. I'm posting more about my take on the whole thing tomorrow on Examiner.