Sunday, November 21, 2010

ATF ‘cease and desist’ order to parts-maker defies logic and law

This looks like nothing so much as a clumsy attempt at entrapment--if they can get him to acknowledge in writing that what he is doing constitutes manufacturing firearms, they'll be able to use that to obtain a warrant, do a raid and then characterize it to a jury as Celata's "admission/confession." [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column looks at bullies, yet another economic Waco in the making, and dirty fighting.You know, BATFU.

Share the link?

3 comments:

Pat H. said...

I'm sorry, but hauling these thugs, these sorry misfits that have ruined so many lives, murdered so many people, before congress to tell them to "stop it or I'll spray", simply isn't good enough any longer.

We need to go to the "next level".

Defender said...

I wrote to my senators, something I swore I had given up on, to urge investigations of BATFU on the way to abolishing it. Maybe if they all got a few hundred thousand emails...
I expect only form letters "re-educating" me that they support our Second Amendment right, and how BATFE is vital to homeland security and gun crime reduction and I should appreciate the efforts of its dedicated and patriotic agents.
I refer again to the political cartoon of the concentration camp guard saying to the ragged prisoner wiggling out under the barbed wire: "I don't think you've given martial law a chance."

Crotalus (Dont Tread on Me) said...

It doesn't defy logic, for the goal is the impeding and shutting down all gun making and ownership. What they do is perfectly logical. As to law, they are the government. They are a law unto themselves. Consteetution? We don' need no steenkin' Consteetution!