Monday, June 20, 2011

Excellence in Broadcasting

I understand Rush Limbaugh opened today with Gunwalker.

As I've noted before, that's great. Someone with his reach can really get the word out.

There is one bit of information that two separate people have told me: They were under the impression he implied he originated the term "Gunwalker."  If that's the case, I need to correct my wrong assumption, because I've been telling people I did.

Easy enough to explain--it's probably a pretty common reaction that a lot of people would independently derive.  Still...

UPDATE:
RUSH:  That's what we called it back on March 4th.  We came up with our own name for it: Operation Gun Runner or Gun Walker. 

5 comments:

WP said...

David,

Yes, his audience will talk about it for two days and forget just as he has said nothing since the last time.

The self-admitted Republican Waterboy has not mentioned who broke this story, to my knowledge, once. In fact, I think he has spoken of his "tea" product more often.

Mack said...

David,

I listened to his opening-monologue today in its entirety. With regard to his use of the term "gunwalker" he said that he first discussed this on his radio show back in March, not that he was the first to use the term.

A transcript of his O.M. should be available at his website tomorrow -- it's delayed by one day.

Mark Roote said...

I didn't listen to the show, but if he's claiming that he coined the term, then what was I doing introducing "Gunwalker" to my congressman back in February? I still have emails between my reps legislative director and myself from the beginning of Feb that plainly state "Gunwalker"... and I got that term from you and Mike.
If you'd like some help showing that the term was in use before Rush talked about it "way back" in March, let me know.

DropCrate.com said...

Perhaps Rush has some sort of time space distortion field where March comes before January. Honestly, despite being a conservative person that doesn't go along with the Liberal agenda, I just can't trust Rush or Fox reporting. I'd rather come here like many others and hear the whole story.

But that's the best part about the Internet, I can easily access all of the best news commercial free.

Mack said...

The transcript certainly indicates that Rush "came up" with the term "Gun Walker" -- he really needs to give clear credit to you so that there is no misunderstanding.