Thursday, December 15, 2011

This Day in History: December 15

It is but just that I should render an account of the conduct of those who have most deserved thanks for bravery in this legion. I take advantage of the occasion and with much pleasure in my capacity of Captain of Volunteers, attached to the suite of General Pulaski to certify that Benjamin Nones has served as a volunteer in my company during the campaign of this year and at the siege of Savannah in Georgia and his behavior under the fire in all the bloody actions we fought have been marked by the bravery and courage which a military man is expected to show for the liberties of his country, and which acts of said Nones gained him the favor and esteem of General Pulaski, as well as that of all the officers who witnessed his daring conduct. [More]

1 comment:

David Codrea said...

Comment rejected--sorry, I don't accept links from anonymous posters. Feel free to email me to discuss what this is about.