Friday, February 03, 2012

Told Ya So

Posted on January 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Updated Friday, Jan 27 at 8:57 AM

PHOENIX -- The head of the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Arizona if officially leaving his job. [More]

A-yup:
"District of Arizona Criminal Division Chief Patrick Cunningham will resign from the US Attorney’s office effective January 27. He was Burke’s #1 guy," this correspondent reported exclusively yesterday on The War on Guns blog.
I bring this up for more than just a self-administered back-pat. It's important to reestablish from time to time just how often some of us, especially meaning Mike, have been ahead of the curve.

That's because, as today's TPM Muckraker piece demonstrates, it's pretty easy for those with a longer reach and louder voice to misrepresent things, and dismiss our read on them, if they acknowledge us at all, which most will not.

It's important that we be able to point to a consistent record of having our reports--from the very beginning and continually since--corroborated. That's one of the reasons I spend a weary, drudgery-filled hour+ every week maintaining those "Journalist's Guides" over in the left sidebar nobody gives a damn about or reads. 

1 comment:

Mark Roote said...

I haven't said it in a while, but keep it up David (and pass that along to Mike too, please).
I post a lot of your articles and links on Facebook and almost never get a response online. I have however been hearing face to face that people (more than I thought) are reading them and getting anxious to see what's coming next. These are mostly people that I thought were in the 'other' camp, but I'm coming to find out that they agree with me on most issues.
Anyway, just... thank you for all of your efforts.