Friday, February 17, 2012

We're the Only Ones on ICE Enough

A confrontation between law enforcement agents erupted in gunfire Thursday evening at the federal building in Long Beach, leaving one dead and one seriously injured, authorities said. [More]
Obviously because only the "Only Ones" can be trusted with guns--not just at federal buildings, but in Southern California in general...

Back when I was young and immortal, I lived a few blocks from there (before the Anderson building was constructed--matter of fact, I can see my old complex in the interactive map)--the first property I ever owned, and the...uh...only one I could afford due to insane SoCal real estate prices, a condo in an area trying to be "gentrified."  It was anything but safe.  Funny--our resident drug dealer was a guy known on the street as "Ice"--he got into our place on a VA loan, set about immediately never making a payment, and knew every trick in the book to keep delaying eviction.

The stories I could tell...

Due to "may issue"I could not get a permit to save my life.  Due to principle, I did what I thought best, lest I be the one to end up on ice.

[Via several of you]

2 comments:

Mark Matis said...

And I would once again thank the Lord for serving justice, and meekly ask him to help hundreds - nay, tens of thousands - of Only Ones to do this to each other...

Beat And Release said...

Lord knows I've had some supervisors who deserved shootin'. Sheesh.