Thursday, March 29, 2012

Love Story

While I couldn't agree more that guns are simply tools, pretty much like any others, I don't know why that would make them unlovable. Most men love their tools, all different kinds, and men have always loved their guns. I'm certainly not ashamed to join those men. [More]
I confess I don't understand the passion and never have.  Long time readers know that.  I like 'em ok, and enjoy shooting to a degree, but I'll never be a true enthusiast--I've always considered practice more of a responsibility than a recreational activity.  I understand a lot of you are aficionados, but for me it's always been about the freedom, the principles, the utility and the choice.

As far as material possessions go, if my house were on fire, my first inclination would be to save the family pictures and videos.

5 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

The passion is for the liberty guns represent.

Kent McManigal said...

Maybe "love" is the wrong word. I have a deep appreciation for objects of wood and/or metal. And I also have a deep appreciation for things that work well like they are supposed to. Plus there is a real aesthetic beauty in many guns.

Crotalus (Don't Tread on Me) said...

Here in the Volksrepublik of Kollyvornia, it would be too hard to replace my guns. They're first out, and then the photos.

jdege said...

Computer backups.

My primary backups are automated. But I only remember to update the offsites every couple of weeks.

Scott J said...

I have not been reading long enough to know that about you but glad to have you on the team all the same :)