Monday, July 02, 2012

Is It Time Yet? To Even Talk, I Mean...?

A friend who sends noteworthy news links and commentary to his list of influential Second Amendment scholars, lawyers, shakers and movers, names we've all heard of, just sent them the link to Media Matters' latest hit piece on Vanderboegh. Rather than decry leftist stoogemedia, his comment was reserved for Mike, as he sent the link under the title "This is the kind of talk we don't need."

Questions: Will it ever be time to talk that way? When? What's the purpose of having the capability to require it of them if we're afraid to warn aggressors to back off?

There's no way those who promote individual liberty and oppose the fascist collective could couch their arguments or make enough concessions that would induce the mouthpieces of tyranny like Media Matters to portray us as anything other than extremists, haters, racists... and really, with those hive insects, why even try? Who doesn't understand that some of the regressive fanatics may be misguided, but the effect of their efforts is...evil?

We hear all kinds of rhetoric about the ultimate purpose of the Second Amendment ("From my cold dead hands!" "Yayyyy!!!!") and we nod in assent at the plain language in the Declaration about a long train of abuses. Now the courts have been closed off, and if anyone truly believes Romney will save us...

What intolerable acts did King George impose that were so much more tyrannical than what our government is doing now in terms of intrusion on liberty, on ruling us, on sending hither swarms of officers, on...tolerability?

Would those now proclaiming this is the kind of talk we don't need have said the same thing about the "Don't Tread on Me" rattler, that gave benefit of warning before striking?

What would they have said about the rhetoric that preceded rebellion at the founding?

Would that even have happened had theirs been the voices to prevail?

Do those who recoil at such talk, who not only believe it makes us all look bad but go out of their way to marginalize it, and men like Mike, have a line in the sand where they would talk that way as a last-ditch desperation move?

If so, what is it that would bring out their inner firebrand?

And if not, don't you think they ought to at least admit it as a qualifier to their pronouncements, so we can make our decision accordingly on whether theirs is a voice we should heed?

7 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

I was going to respond here, but I think I'll do it on my own blog.

bondmen said...

Oooh now that's a particularly sweet piece you've penned this day Mr. Codrea and it asks exactly the perfect question, a question that demands an answer. Will that shrill, complaining voice have the courage to answer is the next question! I shall go to his blog and see... But I will return here and at Sipsey Street Irregulars - the real go to guys!

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger said...

Over at my blog, I remarked that the SCROTUM ruling would likely result in a lot of noncompliance, malicious compliance, and civil disobedience. In response, I got a comment questioning how anyone could possibly refuse to cooperate.

Apparently so innocuous a comment as mine is too radical for all-too-many Americans now. So I'll just eat popcorn and watch the slow-motion train wreck.

Mark Matis said...

Heh. I tried to post "Vanderboegh is right" at that Media Matters article, and got the response that my comment must be approved by moderators. Sensitive, aren't they?

Peter said...

Mike simply cannot win. Some say he's too extreme, others bring up his (Leftist) past and allege that he's some sort of government stooge, and dismiss F&F entirely as a stunt that will amount to nothing in the end.

Mr. Vanderboegh needs to keep doing what he's doing. Someone needs to say the things he does, even if one might object to the way in which he does it. He is putting himself in a precarious position and him doing so allows people such as me to keep quiet for the time being. It'll make the surprise that much better when they think they've silenced his sort of talk and find to their dismay that there are many more than just him who think as he does and are prepared to act.

Anonymous said...

Like i said yesterday....I'm ready !

b III

Obvious Moniker said...

I would reply on Misfit's blog but evidently WP doesn't work well on ohone based browsers. Kept insisting my WP ID is bad, despite it being valid. might be because I keep my WP private.

After reading the rest of the guy's stuff, I can't help but wonder if it would be casting pearls before swine. I'll have to wait until I get home to troubleshoot further.

Seeing as I put a fair amount of effort into the reply, would you like me to post it here if I can't find acceptible means to do so there, David?