Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Definition of Insanity

Gray said allowing guns on campus would be unnecessary because of the job campus law enforcement already do. [More]
There are actually people who vote for this madness.
“I was academic coordinator to the Razorbacks at one time and never, never felt uncomfortable or afraid on the university campus,” Gray added.
It doesn't occur to her that if she had, it would have been too late? Or that she has no moral claim to make that choice for anyone else?

3 comments:

Ed said...

"What, me worry?"
-Alfred E. Nueman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_E._Neuman

95% of campus security officers oppose campus carry because:

1. We really do not trust anyone but ourselves to act responsibly.
2. It's comforting to feel needed.
3. Job security is guaranteed. We don't need no students fending for themselves.
4. Guns=criminals mindset, with no thought process needed to determine why anyone on campus is armed. Don't think - react!
5. Who cares about badges? We got guns! And you don't! And we like it that way! You will respect my authoritah!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150368/you-will-respect-my-authoritah

Kent McManigal said...

I've been in the wilderness far from anything modern and never felt the slightest bit uncomfortable, afraid, or even inconvenienced, so I guess I should make a "law" forbidding anyone else to use anything other than early 19th century tools and technology. Right?

Oh, wait- one-size-fits-all isn't a good way to interact with others? We all have different needs, desires, abilities, and wishes? Ah. I see now.

Longbow said...

No Kent, it is much simpler than that. Watch this.

"I just decided that you don't need to."

There, you see?

LB