Monday, December 03, 2012

Get In the Zone

The gun-free zone! [Read]

Or don't.

I don't know if they post against customers as well, but I find their policy against employees to be typical corporate risk management cowardice über alles [who put those bloodless weasels in charge?.

Now that they've made sure their policy has been advertised so thoroughly, they've created such a dangerously attractive environment for predators that I can't justify the risk of putting myself in it, armed or not.

[Via William T]

4 comments:

Frederick H Watkins said...

Before AutoZone fires anyone they should explain why it's okay for criminals to have weapons in the store.

MamaLiberty said...

The local NAPA store fills my auto parts needs... and I carry openly in there all the time.

Who needs "AutoZone?"

Ned said...

AutoZone essentially just posted a national "rob us" notice.

The also lost a hell of a lot of former customers.

G. A. Esworthy said...

Going out in tomorrows snail-mail:
December 3, 2012

Mr. William C. Rhodes, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Richard C. Smith, Vice President-Store Operations
AutoZone, Inc.
123 South Front Street
Memphis, Tennessee 38103

Dear sirs:

I will be taking my business to O’Reilly, Advance, or Pep Boys after reading reports that you fired Mr. Devin McClean of Virginia for acting responsibly and courageously in the face of an immediate and credible threat to himself, his colleagues, and your property. I will reconsider my decision if and when you rescind your zero-tolerance policy prohibiting your employees from bearing firearms in your stores.

Sincerely,