Friday, February 15, 2013

.223

A National Day of Resistance...? [More]

Look, I don't mean to throw cold water on this idea, but I can't just pass this on with my endorsement for participating without pointing out not everyone is enamored with the group behind this effort.

Whether the complaint is legitimate or whether the complainer simply has an axe to grind is something I don't have time to investigate right now, and I am not taking sides, but I do think this is something that needs to be cleared up, especially before giving out your information and making donations.

It won't be the first time we've seen flags raised.  And again, this group may be totally worthy of support, but with so many others needing help, we owe it to ourselves to verify things.

I invite people in the know to educate us all in comments.

2 comments:

Steve Ramsey AKA Rivitman said...

I have been eaten alive by friends over the same reservations. There was a rally, on 2/B at the state Capitol in Olympia WA, that was organized by a budding militia group, that nobody knew anything about.

I expressed that it was unwise to latch onto every demonstration in desperation to promote our rights, and being careless could backfire in a hideous storm of negative media coverage, I was tossed directly under the nearest bus.

In our case, the "militia" seems to be nothing more than a single 25 year old, a non veteran and self proclaimed computer nerd, who bandies about terms like "at all costs" very cheaply.

The media completely overlooked the militia angle, much to my relief.

It seems like anyone can holler 'RALLY!' these days and we are expected to show up, no questions asked. That's a good way to get burned.

Burned alive.

Doc said...

Despite misgivings, I decided to host an event here in my local area.

It's been interesting to say the least. The trolls and crazies came out in large numbers to want to be part of it.

The parent group seems to be more interested in raising funds for themselves then they do to really support this cause.

However, with all of that said, it's a lot like politics. I don't support national or even state parties, I support candidates and local stuff.

The good guys have come out of the woodwork to support this locally. We'll see next week, but I have gotten confirmations from hundreds of folks. Some local politicians and news types are coming to speak.

My focus will be on how we locally can do something positive. Heck our local sheriff came out in support of gun owners rights and against federal anti-constitutional stuff.

I look at this as an opportunity to do something right locally. I don't really care about the national group and quite frankly if they can help us get the word out locally, I'm all for it.

We need to exploit even those who are in it for themselves. We don't have to endorse those who help us.

Biggest problem we have in the freedom loving community is that we are so segmented and the power brokers in both parties like it that way. Freedom is freedom. As long as you are on my side of the permimeter helping to keep the bad guys on the other side, I don't really care what cause brought you to the fight. Once we win, we can debate the "whats and whys" of freedom.