Thursday, March 21, 2013

This Day in History: March 21

From what I saw and learned while at the Eastward I am convinced the Levies will be late in the Field and I fear very deficient of the requisition. My regard for the public good and my inclination to promote your success will prompt me to give every assistance and to make every diversion in your favor, But what can I do if I am not furnished with the means? I most anxiously await the event of the present operation in Virginia. If attended with success it may have the happiest influence upon our southern affairs by leaving the force of Virginia free to act. For while there is an Enemy in the heart of the Country you can neither expect Men or supplies from it in that full and regular manner in which they ought to be given. [More]

No comments: