Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Shipley makes appeal to overturn gun convictions

“It is lamentable that the government seems to argue that the fabricated story of Shipley’s firearm killing a Mexican military officer was a fair inference from the evidence,” the brief explained. “Again, after the jury verdict and before sentencing, the United States conceded that these representations were fabricated.

Think of what that means. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner report brings the latest chapter in a story with bizarre twists that I first started covering in 2009. True to form, if you do a Google News search for "John Shipley," the only one reporting on his case is me. 

2 comments:

Jselvy said...

I'm sorry but why should I care if the only-one thug-pigs eat their own?

David Codrea said...

I understand why you and many others feel that way.

Two reasons:

1. Because ultimately, it's not about Shipley, it's about ill-defined rules that could catch ANY collector and be applied at whim.

2. Because if our side stands for justice, it stands for justice for all, and we just gained a new ally with valuable knowledge and experience. Or at least I did.