Thursday, February 20, 2014

EMail Alert!

I get 'em all the time, and have to pass on sharing most of them due to one simple reason:

Every advocacy group email alert sent out should have a link where the info resides--if not on the group's website, then on a free document storage site like Scribd, or even as a post on their Facebook page. The reasons are many, including most bloggers and users of social media won't be able to copy and paste an entire email, but would gladly share a link. And often times I get emails but am so wrapped up in other demands I have to let things slip past me -- whereas if I had a link, I could just give readers a one-sentence intro and then hand them off to the group's website for the complete story.

Don't just rely on people forwarding emails. The important thing is to get the message shared by as many as possible.  If the groups don't do this, they are letting an opportunity escape them, and most need all the help spreading the word they can get.

UPDATE: Say Uncle has been down this road before, and has more useful tips on how to help us help you.

No comments: