Thursday, March 06, 2014

Russia Cuts Off Ammo Imports?

SilverDoctors says:
“The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition.”
I have not provided a link to their website because my security software gave me a warning. But you can copy and paste that quoted text into a search engine and see sites repeating it.

I've been asked if I've heard anything about this.  I have not, but I called Wolf. The guy who answered the phone had not heard anything, but asked me to send him an email and he'd forward it to their person who handles media inquiries.

If and when I know something, you'll know something.

UPDATE: I did not get a response from Wolf, but this guy says he did. And he says they say they haven't heard anything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lead, Copper, tin and Zinc - the shooters bullion!

III

ReverendFranz said...

FALSE story, please do not help propagate it.

David Codrea said...

Where have I helped propagate it? Seems to me I've helped contain it.

John J. said...

David, people took Mike's warning that Obama may cut off Russian ammo imports due to the Ukraine 'war' (Mike V. was using that possibility as a warning to the Fudds that rarely pay attention to world events, but like cheap ammo) and ran with it.

Those unscrupulous persons turned it around and made it a definite "Putin cuts off Russian Ammo" and spread that manure to the gun boards and prepper blogs.

A famous prepper site took the story up and helped cause a frenzy. Unlike the two folks listed below they never explained 'their insides sources'.

Bob Owens of Bearing Arms called Tula, MAC of the Bang Switch called Wolf - they both said the two companies had no idea that Russian ammo was or is planning to be 'cut off."

You'd think Wolf and Tula would know ...

David Codrea said...

Right, and as I indicated, I called Wolf myself.