Monday, May 19, 2014

Request for Assistance

I received this Facebook appeal message:
Looking for any stories preferably with video of legal firearm owners defending themselves with firearms in Ca. & as much as possible specific to S.F. bay area. Have a reporter with pretty big name offering to potentially do a story on it when I get him vids. Any help or ref.s you may have will be greatly appreciated... 
My thoughts are they are not likely to find all that many DGU stories in that region due to anti-gun laws, including near-impossibility for anyone who is not connected to get a concealed carry permit.  Still, there are some. I'm surprised a  "big name" reporter wouldn't have the research savvy to start here, but I guess that's the difference between "Authorized Journalists" and #justablogger.

Anyway, if you know of any other resources or stories, please educate us via comments, and I'll pass the link to this post along to my correspondent.  I'd like to see what "offering to potentially do a story" means.

I would caution if you have a personal story, make sure your attorney says it's OK to share it.

UPDATE: Video here.   That took a minute.  I have to believe a "real reporter" could find other source material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you had been involved in a (successful)
DGU in the Bay Area would you tell just
anyone?