Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Am I the Only One Who Thinks This is Kind of Cool?

I'm envisioning "Harry Potter"-style newspapers with moving images (and no, I'm not interested in hosting that debate here).  And who knows what else?  [More

Yeah, sure, this could be abused (most likely by government to spy on us), but so could anything. If that's a reason to deny the benefits to people who would use and enjoy it responsibly, well, we might as well have "gun control," too.

Hell, if you just rolled Forbes Magazine up or folded up The New York Times, those could be used as potentially lethal weapons.

Mindful of the downside, what stands out most for me here is this:
I just set a small hare of C4 on my Forbes Magazine and destroyed it.
I'm a bit out of my depth here, as I have no experience with explosives and don't even know what a "hare" is, but really? Is he joking?

If not, did that require any authorization and documentation, and does every bit of it in inventory need to be accounted for, or is it available for elites to use on a whim, with no oversight?

[Via Florida Guy]   

2 comments:

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

Could be the "hare" of C4 is a reference to Caddyshack.

Been there, made those for Uncle Sam on occasion. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't want moving pictures. I do
want future nano? tech magazines with
pages. Download the issue. If it's
good, eventually "print" it to a
permanent record.