Thursday, July 03, 2014

Worth a Thousand Words

[More / More / More]
GOA appears headed for a repeat of a self-created conflict.

To their credit, and deserving of our gratitude, they have been alone in identifying a gestating threat, and successful to the point of drawing desperate Prozi flak. But for some reason, their political arm refuses to follow through with rating impacts, despite numerous behind-the-scenes pleas from longtime strong supporters.

Time was, I could give their grades a credibility edge over the other guys, especially when the "competition" offers a feeble "single issue" excuse to provide cover for competing interests. It's awful tough calling for organized involvement when the leader refuses to press a unique advantage on THE hot-button issue of our time around which motivated activists can rally.

If anything has the potential to change the political landscape over the next decade and more, to the detriment of RKBA interests at the polls, this is it.

I look forward to being able to resume my unequivocal support for GOA grades.  When that will be, I can't say.

2 comments:

CowboyDan said...

Thanks for posting this, Dave.

I know his family. I thought they raised him better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying on them. Unlike the NRA, I don't doubt the intentions of GOA. They are far more receptive to feedback, too. You staying on them and the rest of us contacting them is the only way to change this. I have lost all hope for the NRA though, and only belong to the GOA these days.