Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Most gun owners appear unaware of or indifferent to gun group merger

If that's true, the scarcity of comments, on the "pro-deal" pieces, bringing gun owners information they have not heard before, leads to the disturbing conclusion that the pro-gun community just doesn't care that much about what happens to JPFO one way or the other, leading back to an observation I made in my first Gun Rights Examiner piece: "The inescapable conclusion is, had gun owners stepped up and supported a group struggling after the passing of its founder, its rescue would have been unneeded." [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner report notes, no matter which side of the divide you fall on, apathy is the greatest obstacle keeping the activist community from reaching even a fraction of its potential.

3 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Just one problem with all this love fest over SAF... Nobody is addressing the fact that SAF is not and never was the only way to "rescue" JPFO. The facts are that the board has refused to communicate with any of us, and so far seems to be totally ignoring other options.

Being "rescued," and then turned into a useless, voiceless drone such as KABA has become - that's the best we can do?

Can't speak for anyone else, of course, but I'd rather see JPFO honorably dead, rather than compromise with all those who seem happy with pragmatism slowly bleeding us dry.

David Codrea said...

In my very first GRE on this, I quoted Claire: “One of the things I know -- the biggest thing I know -- is that a viable plan exists to keep JPFO healthy and independent. And so far the board won’t even acknowledge it.”

To my knowledge, further details beyond that have not been forthcoming--and I have asked for specifics in email correspondence, and while I received a few that shed a bit more light, but not all that much, I have not been cleared to repro them here. If and when details can be shared, I will absolutely highlight them, but that ball is not in my court.

And I hope I am not included in the assessment of "those who seem happy with pragmatism slowly bleeding us dry."

MamaLiberty said...

David, I'd share the whole plan with you if I had a clue. I'm not in the know, just trust Claire completely.

As for the pragmatists... we each have our own idea what that means, actually, so only you can know if you are truly in that cadre. The fact that compromise and misguided pragmatism can and will bleed us dry seems obvious to me... but I can only speak for myself.

I want nothing to do with the sort of pragmatism that resulted in Gottlieb actually helping the grabbers write the Manchin-Toomey nightmare - among too many other things.

Now, he's suddenly our friend and a gun rights warrior? I don't think so.