Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Reader Reports on Olympia

Good narrative. It helps give those of us who were not there an accurate impression of what it was like.  And the bit about trying to set Mike up, including his explanatory addendum at the end, is telling. [More]

I noticed Mike also linked to some "progressive" coverage of the event in another post. When I read some of the furious insults from comment posters at the "Raw Story" link, it's not only quite obvious how much they hate people like Mike, like me, and hopefully like you, but it suggests as a metaphor the obscene, terrified and murderous rage exhibited by the demons in "The Exorcist" whenever the priests got close and hit a nerve. It's not my intent to offer an admittedly unqualified theological impression here, but the thought does strike that John 8:44 seems as good an explanation as any for such abominations, although I wouldn't argue with a secular diagnosis of "psychotic," either.

No comments: