Friday, January 16, 2015

Speaking of Spurious

The spurious conclusions in these surveys don’t just distort the pro-gun community’s perception of defensive gun use. For example, the claim that millions every year shoot their guns in self-defense has led some to posit that there are more defensive gun uses than criminal uses. [More]
Who makes that claim?  The figures I've seen generally include the qualifier "without a shot being fired."

I know I experienced a DGU under those conditions, it was no myth, and I'm damn glad I had a gun, although it never made it into "the record" because I couldn't report it to the police afterward. Stupid  citizen disarmament edicts hive insects like this lie to provide false cover for enacting precluded that.

Not that it would matter to Evan Defilippis and Devin Hughes, who would rather you and I be dead than armed.

[Via Felix B]

1 comment:

Bear said...

Man, I really hate to skew their numbers like that. Next time, I guess I'm supposed to shoot the frightened, fleeing perps in the back.

Oh. Wait...

Three times some idiots have tried mugging me (twice by two punks, once by three guys). Each, they ran like hell when they realized I was armed. No shots fired, no dead criminals, so they don't count.

Considering that I prefer to avoid areas and scenarios in which it's likely I could be mugged, I suspect that I'm not that atypical.