Wednesday, January 21, 2015

We Get Ink

Lobby Day, including my speech, in the news, as told by "real reporters."
Gun rights activist David Codrea was there to challenge legislation that he fears could result in the disarmament of citizens. [More]
Kelsey and Lyndsey, it's not like I'm unapproachable or unreachable. Instead of leaping to illusions, you could have talked with me. I don't fear legislation will disarm all gun owners, just the ones who won't matter in what comes next.
“I once had a boss who taught me the correct way to pronounce that is McAwful. Who said, in his state of the Commonwealth address – this is what the guy says: ‘As a gun owner myself, I fully believe that law abiding citizens have a right and responsible to carry fire arms, but …’ Stop right there. There are sure are a lot of politicians with big butts waddling around, aren’t there?” [More]
Sandy, how come everyone there but you got that "big but" is spelled with one "t"?
“It’s really not about guns, it’s about freedom,” gun-rights advocate and author David Codrea told the crowd. “Work with us or we will work to retire you,” he said, addressing lawmakers.
He finished his remarks with a bang, shouting “I will not disarm!” and garnering cheers from the crowd. [More]
Kathy, when we spoke, I shared with you that Virginians for Responsible Gun Laws does not appear on Guidestar, is not registered as a nonprofit with the Secretary of State, and has it's website registered through a proxy.  I thought we were in agreement that the money behind a group attempting to change laws is important information the public has a right to know, and that you were going to follow up on that.  Here's hoping you still intend to, and here's stating my intent to not drop this.

No comments: