Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Secret Deal?

Was Operation Fast And Furious Really Part Of A Secret Deal Between The DEA And Mexico's Sinaloa Drug Cartel? [More]
This article is over a year old, but it was just sent to me, if I've blogged about it before I can't find it, and it raises some points I think could stand restating.

I've seen this hypothesis being offered for years, starting with Robert Farago at Truth About Guns. I told him while I acknowledge it is certainly possible, I had no information given to me by any of my sources to corroborate it. He, in turn, dismisses outright that Gunwalker was about setting up conditions to pave the way for more gun control, which Mike and I were directly told early on by an insider who used the term "pad statistics."

I think the way things have unfolded since our first reports lends a bit of credibility to those sources who were feeding us information. That and the four border states reporting imposition since enacted by Holder's DoJ...

I note the bulk of the new "evidence" appears to come from a defendant trying to save his own hindquarters, and the motive of creating doubt by muddying the waters and finger-pointing cannot be discounted. So I have to come back to my original sentiment on this-- it's an interesting theory but I have no information given to me to corroborate it. If anyone has more documentation, I repeat my longstanding recommendations to get it to the Oversight investigators -- I first recommended that a few years back as I recall, yet, for whatever reason, have not seen that happen.

If this does bear out -- and note I've never said it wouldn't, I've only said you can't prove it by anything anyone has told me -- I'd think it would add a great deal of weight to the hypothesis that Hillary's State Department was intimately involved, another flag I haven't seen too many besides Mike and me waving. And that makes the cynical and murderous plot even worse.

Also, importantly, why the White House has shielded Kevin O'Reilly is a mystery I believe would reveal much. No one is  asking about that, either.

I wonder if Forbes' "write from the left" contributor Rick Ungar would be interested in following up on some of these leads in addition to the ones he seems fixated on.

"Right wing conspiracy theorist" that I am, I'm not holding my breath.

[Via bondmen]

2 comments:

Bill in IL said...

Another reason to dislike TTAG. Robert Farago, his circle of Fudds and their sycophants in the comment sections completely turned me off of him, his staff and the whole site. I never visit there anymore.

Anonymous said...

Curious,
I read many years ago about State Department Publication 7277 on Civilian Disarmament. It seems to mesh nicely with the U.N. anti - small - arms treaty. The ongoing push.