Friday, February 27, 2015

Trying to Track Down a SC PX Ammo Pull

Got this email I'm trying to check out, but I have no contacts to ask:
[X] is stationed at Fort Jackson South Carolina. [Y] just contacted me and said that the PX there has pulled all 5.56 ammo from the shelves. She asked the PX personnel why the ammo was pulled, she was told "because they had to". I don't know of any ongoing recall. Is there another known and/or logical reason for such a policy, and is this new?
I can't even figure out which facility to call.  I messaged these guys.

If you have any suggestions or know anybody who can verify, please share them in comments. Also, it would probably be a good idea to see if this is more widespread than one PX in SC.

UPDATE: Still have not verified, but just got this:
Was told that this involves all military retail sales, by 'executive order'.
I contacted Gun Rights Across America SC via their Facebook page and they said they would look into it.

No comments: