Thursday, May 28, 2015

Cruz Control?

"Did GOA call you?" a friend asked last night. "You know, about the Cruz thing."

They were going to call people who signed up for their tele-town hall meeting so gun owners could ask questions of the candidate. Not only did I not get a call, which I'd like to attribute to more interested participation than they could accommodate, but I can't find any after-action reports, including entries on their Twitter/Facebook feeds, and their dedicated "town hall" site page gives a "404" message.

Likewise, Cruz's social media accounts are silent on this.

I'm going to try to get some answers. In the mean time, anybody know what happened?  Here's hoping the Prozis haven't scared candidates away with their "racism" lies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, try this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://gunowners.org/tele-town-halls.htm

David Codrea said...

Yes, thanks, that goes to the announcement that is now inaccessible. I've reached out to GOA for more info on how things went.

bondmen said...

I received the call from GOA on my answering machine yesterday late afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the incoming number has no caller ID, I didn't accept it. Like many people, I never accept calls without CID unless I'm 99% sure already who it is. In this case, the call came many days after I signed up for it, and I wasn't sure. It's a shame they didn't use CID. Probably missed a lot of participation.

Anonymous said...

I had been strongly supporting Cruz until last week he betrayed the USA with the rest of the RINOs, voting for cloture on the TPP/TPA so-called "free trade" fast-track, an over-immigration Trojan Horse that gives Obama even more unconstitutional executive powers to import overwhelming numbers of future Democrats and fast breeders of Democrats. I consider this a serious betrayal of his fellow citizens and oath.

I now see he's only rated "C" by NumbersUSA. He's lost my support. Walker is rated B- and Santorum is an A.

I hope someone asked Cruz about this.

Cruz can't claim to be truly pro-gun when the legal immigration Tsunami he supports will drown the USA within 20 years. Or pro-Constitution when he votes for subversive bills to give unconstitutional fast track authority for the executive branch to make immigration policy.