Monday, August 24, 2015

The Purge?

In the past few days I've been contacted by two "conservative" Examiners telling me their accounts have been shut down because some nameless corporate authority has suddenly, without warning and after years of productivity, deemed them not to be "good fits."

One person I did not know; she contacted me because she'd been told what happened to my column by a friend. The other is someone I've been following for some time, and  consider him a journalist capable of producing outstanding content with the best of them -- and the reason most will never hear of him is because he focuses where the establishment doesn't want us looking.

It's a shameful indictment on not just "the media," but on the culture as a whole-- where the latest slutcapades by the celebrity whore du jour will attract more eyeballs and attention than an entire body of work from someone of substance.

As for Examiner, the editorial dolts who are incapable of recognizing, let alone assessing investigative journalism, are only interested in rewording the work of others to capitalize on key word trends. One thing I've started doing, when I need to reference one of my Gun Rights Examiner pieces, is link to  an archived version over at The Wayback Machine, just so that I'm not sending any ad revenue traffic their way.

No comments: