Thursday, October 08, 2015

!!!

Is there a reason the first three paragraphs in this hit piece on Ben Carson end with exclamation points?  Aside from intentional breathless sensationalism, as opposed to journalism?  [More]

I'd imagine over the course of a career in neurosurgery, not every effort in sometimes desperate crapshoots is going to be successful, and the best possible outcomes may end up being far from satisfactory. Some things are broken and can't be fixed. I also note the sponge headline is definitive, but the narrative includes an "allegedly" qualifier. What happened in the lawsuits? Then again, maybe the guy has messed up, and were I or someone I loved the one who suffered, I don't think I'd be very forgiving.

I have reasons I've considered Ben Carson problematic, but being capable of blunders is not one of them. Show me a human being who is not.

This could cause real problems for his campaign via sound bites, hashtags and captioned posters to spread and amplify a poisonous meme. Deranged racism is one thing, but something like this can really hit home with people. I'll be interested to see how his campaign responds.

No comments: