Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Swaying the Jury

Brett Heaton Juarez, the jury's foreperson, said the jurors all agreed the business practices of Badger Guns were shoddy. He recounted testimony from the owners that they didn't train workers, didn't have policies and procedures they regularly followed, had not read federal regulations and didn't even know everything that was required on federal gun-selling forms. [More]
This did not need to be. Seeing people hang themselves because they don't do the fundamentals just makes me shake my head. I'm also wondering why the owners were advised to testify, assuming they had a choice.

Let's hope the appeal is handled competently, because this really amounted to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  I'm just wondering who else is going to be badgered into bankruptcy now that such an unnecessary precedent has been set.

[Via Bluesgal]

1 comment:

Bear said...

Now there's an ad for FFLGuard (no; I don't get paid for that [grin]).

Seriously, I've worked a gun counter, and our training... existed for one, and relied on testing as well as just reading the rules. If I take the articles as gospel, these guys screwed up stuff that even untrained laymen would know better.