Friday, March 11, 2016

Dominion

Troubling. [More]

Especially the theocratic takeover/"transfer of wealth" allegations. The commitment of a proclaimed "Constitutionalist" in upholding the Establishment Clause merits scrutiny given such a background.

That said, I can easily visualize the "other" team wearing black robes and chanting around a pentagram.

Those of you who are for Cruz: Yes, obviously the linked article has an agenda. but it's not about who is saying this or even why, it's about whether or not it's true, and whether it raises legitimate concerns.

We are individually culpable for what those we enable do with the power we cede to them through votes. So it's incumbent on us to do what we can to determine the truth beforehand.

And again, just like with the"natural born citizen" issue, instead of dismissing and ignoring it, Sen. Cruz could do much more to reassure those who are uncertain because of the allegations.

1 comment:

Henry said...

And then there are those of us who see “Christian” and just don’t care, because it's just a big club and we ain’t in it anyway. But I dedicate the following to those who do care:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!”
He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! What denomination?”
He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me too!”
“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.
—EMO PHILLIPS