Friday, April 01, 2016

Mike Vanderboegh Update

We still have seen no movement on SSI since my last post, when I said:
I've emailed him asking him to call me if he's up to it. I think it's for the best to leave it at that, because if he can he will, and if he can't, it wouldn't be helpful or considerate for me to call to him.
Since then, I've had more inquiries and have been approached by others who have not had their emails responded to as well, so I approached his son via Facebook PM. He kindly assured me my call would be welcome.

I just got off the phone with Mike. I filled him in on the above and asked if there was anything I could tell those who were concerned.

'Tell 'em I'm sick," he replied. "Tell 'em I feel like shit."

That's Mike.  No mincing words.

I let him know a lot of people were concerned and praying for him,

"I appreciate that," he said.

I'm going to repeat my call to not burden him with emails and blog comments. I'll continue to check in with family members, and if and when anything relevant to share comes to my attention, I will pass it on.

20 comments:

CowboyDan said...

Thank you, David. I'll respect your request to not bug Mike. I'm glad he's still kicking, even if he does feel lousy. Since my first visit to Sipsey Street, he's been a big part of my life.

I've learned a lot from him. I'm really gonna miss him when he's gone. I hope that's a long time from now.

1911A1 said...

While certainly not the best of news, not the worst either, thank God.

We appreciate the update, David.

W W Woodward said...

Thanks, David, for the update. His comment is right in character. Good to know he's still kicking and still has his own peculiar sense of humor.
Take care
[W3]

Charles N. Steele said...

Thank you. Praying for him.

Tom Skoch said...

Thanks for the update, David.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update.
sunny

GunRights4US said...

Thanks for the update David. Mike is a real patriot and he is in our prayers.

Doug Rink said...

Thanks for the update.

j said...

thank you so much; it has been hard to resist contacting him but he and Rosey know I am less than two hours away. I am recovering from pneumonia and have not been online much at all. but will help any way I can.

Bad Cyborg said...

Well, feeling like shit beats getting dead. Thanks for the update, Mr. C.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update David.

Sedition said...

I appreciate the update. I figured the crusty bastard probably felt horrible or he would have been pounding the keyboard, so I let it slide.
I didn't want to burden either Mike or you...I figured that if there was news to tell, one of you two would release it when you were damn good and ready.
Thanks for your blog, writing, and your close friendship with Mike.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Looking forward to him being another good Communist...Dead.

David Codrea said...

Comment from evil anonymous bitch punk coward rejected.

Hey dickhead--how does it feel to be afraid of me?

David Codrea said...

Please all, no names of who you think it is without proof.

tjbbpgobIII said...

Let him know that some people in the B'ham area are praying for him also.

tjbbpgobIII said...

To the "hey dickhead" person, how does it feel to be a JERK.

Unknown said...

Prayers for Mike.

Mad Wolf said...

He and his family are is my thoughts and prayers.