Friday, February 24, 2017

‘Warning Shot’ Rules and ‘Shoot-to-Wound’ Proposals Raise Motivation Question

“[S]hooting to wound doesn’t make sense scientifically, legally, or tactically,” Force Science Institute argued, presenting numerous reasons why. Even Joe “fire a shotgun off the balcony or through the door” Biden instinctively recognized that as a bad idea... [More]
That any would believe Lone Ranger outcomes can be mandated by legislation speaks more to the childish ignorance of much of the political class running our cities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubba always told me that death benefits are cheaper than disability benefits.

jdege said...

I'm a strong believer in warning shots.

As described in Joel Rosenberg's "The Burglar, the Knife, and the Gun".

(Available on the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20161021120354/http://ellegon.com/writings/the_burglar_the_knife_and_the_gun_joel_rosenberg.php)

"So I just crouched at the top of the stairs, no doubt very unromantic looking in my jockey shorts with the potbelly hanging over the waistband in front, thinking that if one of them came up the stairs I'd put three rounds in his chest, and one in his head. (Actually, I distinctly remember thinking, "I'll put three warning shots in his chest, and one warning shot in his head." It didn't seem funny then.)"

If the perp doesn't run away, after I've put three warning shots into his chest and one warning shot into his head, I might have to get angry...

pigpen51 said...

I always liked the old thought of the cops firing a warning shot to the back of the violent criminal's head. But then, I am a morbid sort.