Friday, May 19, 2017

By the Book

"I've never actually needed to use a physical book," Ted Xiao, a graduate student in electrical engineering and computer science at UC Berkeley, told the Los Angeles Times. "I've never checked one out. I can't honestly say I even know how." [More]
One of the reasons college libraries did not want technical books I was offering is librarians told us engineering students were such rare "customers." Legacy WAS lost.

And then there's the SJW factor.

The Morlocks love it when a plan comes together.


[Via Florida Guy]  

1 comment:

Mack said...

You know David, you make VERY good points and all, but even you let slide the obvious catastrophe of an EMP wipe-out.

To be fair, even Newt doesn't talk about as much now; unlike before:

* http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/electromagnetic-pulse-newt-gingrich-emp-attack-093002