Friday, May 19, 2017

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down


Virgil, quick, come see, there goes Robert E Lee [More]

Curious, though.

I just got an email from  Opposite Day "progressives" supportive of the American Taliban, and they gave me an idea:
For over a century, presidents from both parties have designated national monuments—like the Statue of Liberty ... to preserve our country’s historical, cultural, and natural heritage.
I guess Trump's too embroiled in trying to keep the long knives from sinking in to declare Civil War monuments national monuments?

Let's see what the "intolerant racists and haters" have to say:


If that song doesn't move you, you're in the wrong place.

2 comments:

Longbow said...

It gives me chills no matter how many times I listen to it.

tablekiller said...

David: I lived just 90 miles from New Orleans in Biloxi, MS. I enjoyed spending time in the city. Going to city park, where PGT Beauregard's monument stood. Taking the streetcars past Lee Circle and on into the Garden District. Thanks to a 24 hour nes media, it's all racist and must be erased by the Democrats. Lest the real history expose that the KKK, gun control and Jim Crowe, were all Democrat policies.